On the The Secret Society - Hidden Mystery Wiki, certain users have access to particular features of the site. While any user has access to the majority of functions on the site including editing articles and uploading images, Administrators and Moderators have access to a few additional features in order to maintain the website. All Administrators and Moderators are wiki volunteers chosen by the users and are generally known, experienced, and trusted members of the community.
Administrators and Moderators are not imbued with any special "power", and are equal to everyone else in terms of editorial responsibility. The community does look to Administrators and Moderators to perform essential housekeeping chores that require the extra tools they are entrusted with, such as the deletion of articles and blocking of unruly editors. Since Administrators and Moderators are experienced members of the community, users seeking help can turn to them for advice and information.
The Secret Society - Hidden Mystery Wiki Team
Administrators (also known as "admins" or "sysops") are trusted users, who are generally chosen by the community and also have access to the following rights:
- All privileges from the Discussion Moderator and Content Moderator groups.
- Delete and undelete pages, as well as delete images or files.
- Lock (protect) both a page and a file so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without adminship privileges.
- Block users who are vandalizing the wiki from editing and other actions.
- Grant and revoke both the Chat Moderator and Discussion Moderator rights.
- Edit the community's skin and format.
- Edit whitelisted MediaWiki pages.
See Help:Administrators' how-to guide for a guide on using admin functions.
Bureaucrats are the same as regular Administrators, except they have the ability to add and remove user rights for other users. Aside from this ability, Bureaucrats are equal to other Administrators. This also means that, aside from those things reserved for Administrators and/or Bureaucrats, Bureaucrats are equal to all other users on the wiki.
Below is a list of the current Administrators on The Secret Society Hidden Mystery Wiki. Administrators may declare an area of specialty - areas in which they are particularly experienced - to help users decide who to contact when in need of specific help, however all of the admins are very willing to help out in any way that they can!
|Specialty: TBC||Specialty: TBC||Specialty: TBC|
|contact - contribs - logs||contact - contribs - logs||contact - contribs - logs|
For a complete list of users with Administrator access, see Special:Listusers/sysop.
Discussions Moderators are users who have additional tools available to manage conversations in various features across the community where users are having social discussions. Discussions Moderators may declare an area of specialty - areas in which they are particularly experienced - to help users decide who to contact when in need of specific help, however all of the Moderators are very willing to help out in any way that they can!
|contact - contribs - logs|
Some of the areas in which a Discussions Moderator can be useful are:
- Removing and restoring threads and replies from any user.
- Closing and reopening threads.
- Managing Forum boards including moving threads from one board to another.
- Highlighting and un-highlighting threads.
- Moderating chat.
- Deleting blog comments.
- Editing and deleting article comments.
Chat Moderators are users who have Chat Moderator status in chat to moderate a community's chat room. Below is a list of the active Chat Moderators on The Secret Society Hidden Mystery Wiki.
|contact - contribs -|
Some of the areas in which a Chat Moderator can be useful are:
- Overseeing a community's chat room to ensure respectful conversations.
- In extreme cases they can block users from chat, which will kick a user out of the chat and ban them from returning until a Chat Moderator or an Administrator unbans them from the users' contributions page, or if the ban expires.
Content Moderators are users who have additional tools available to moderate the content parts of the community. Content Moderators may declare an area of specialty - areas in which they are particularly experienced - to help users decide who to contact when in need of specific help, however all of the Moderators are very willing to help out in any way that they can!
|Currently 3 Admins responsibility|
|Specialty: Katlovrno1 writes and maintains Updates/Event pages|
|contact - contribs - logs|
Some of the areas in which Content Moderators can be useful are:
- Deleting and moving protected pages.
- Deleting and moving files.
- Undeleting pages and files.
- Re-uploading files.
- Protecting and unprotecting pages.
Some of the areas in which Rollback Moderators can be useful are:
- Reverting vandalism and bad-faith edits quickly.
When should I contact an Administrator or Moderator?
The Administrators and Moderators are here to help you get the most out of your wiki experience. If you have a question regarding any of the above matters, please contact the appropriate user. If you have questions regarding other issues about the running, content, or use of the wiki, feel free to contact any of the users listed above.
General questions about The Secret Society - Hidden Mystery game itself are best addressed on our forum boards. These boards cover news and announcements, general discussion and questions, troubleshooting, current major glitches, eureka moments, mindless chatter, superstar spectacular, friend code exchange and the Tardis.
However, we are always here to help and if you are unsure, please contact any Administrator or Moderator.
Administrator and Moderator Code of Conduct
No one is above the rules. Everyone is to be considered an equal. No exceptions. The wiki is a democracy. Administrators and Moderators are bound by the same User Conduct Guidelines as all other users and will take a non-interfering or low-interfering neutral approach whenever possible.
What can Administrators and Moderators do?
- Administrators and Moderators will Assume good faith of all contributors, and help those that are in need of guidance.
- Administrators and Moderators will not tolerate spamming, trolling, flaming, or harassment.
- Administrators and Moderators will use available tools for those requesting help.
- Administrators and Moderators will help maintain a calm, civil environment.
- Administrators and Moderators will use their tools to keep the wiki in a consistent organization.
What can Administrators and Moderators not do?
If an Administrator or Moderator is directly involved in a dispute, they should not use their additional powers or status to solve it. Ask another Administrator or Moderator to mediate. If a user feels that an Administrator or Moderator is too involved in a situation to make an impartial decision, then they can ask another Administrator or Moderator to review the situation and mediate if necessary.
- Administrators and Moderators should not use their additional powers to settle editing disputes; for example, to lock a page on a version he or she prefers in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism.
- Administrator and Moderator powers should not be used for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith.
- An Administrator or Moderator shouldn't be considered "in charge"; they are just people who are trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the Wikia community.
Becoming an Administrator or Moderator
If you have been editing this wiki for some time and have gained the trust of the community here, you may nominate yourself or someone else for user rights by creating a new thread in the General Discussion Board of the Forum. Other users can comment on whether or not they approve your request. After two weeks, you should inform the current Bureaucrats so they can assess the comments and decide whether or not to give you the rights you desire.
If there are no active Moderators, use the Forum to nominate new users to become Administrators or Bureaucrats. Once a community decision has been reached (or if there is no active community to debate the decision), please leave a message at the wiki adoption requests page and Wikia Staff can provide the rights.